Networking Plus Half-Day workshop - Completed
17/10/2012 00:00:0017/10/2012 00:00:00Networking Plus Half-Day workshop Networking Plus Half-Day workshop
9.00am - 1.00pm Wednesday, 17 October 2012 (AUS Eastern Standard Time)
1300 167 981
President's Room Brisbane Club
241 Adelaide Street
QLD 4000 Australia
Event web page: http://www.stickytickets.com.au/9321/networking_plus_halfday_workshop_.aspxPresident's Room Brisbane Club
241 Adelaide Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
|Date||Wed, 17 Oct 12|
|Time||12:00 AM - 12:00 AM|
|Early-Bird Registration||$380.00||--Ticket sales closed--|
|Multiple Registrations (Two+ from the Same Organisation, per person)||$360.00||--Ticket sales closed--|
|Standard Registration||$450.00||--Ticket sales closed--|
EARLY-BIRD EXTENDED! REGISTER UP TO AND INCLUDING FRIDAY 12TH OCTOBER AT A 15% DISCOUNT. MULTIPLE REGISTRATIONS AT 20% DISCOUNT.
Business networking has become an essential activity for people across all industries and sectors. No longer a matter of being “nice to have,” networking skills have moved from the periphery to being a core capability for executives, managers and professionals.
Yet at the personal level, networking activities often yield results that are short term and disappointing. Sometimes it is because we did not have a clear purpose and direction for our networking. At other times, it is because we are unsure of how to approach and interact with individuals and groups we are meeting for the first time.
The People Results’ Networking Plus Half-Day workshop has networking covered from A to Z. It includes moving effortlessly around a room, meeting and greeting others and making connections and how to initiate conversations. The workshop also covers handling difficult networking situations, following up after the event and how to nurture and grow your network.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers, team leaders, professionals, business owners, consultants and others who wish to improve their business networking skills and achieve consistently positive results.
- Having a clear purpose and direction for networking and therefore gaining better outcomes.
- Having a concise positioning statement to describe what you do.
- Having the ability to converse with anyone at a moment’s notice.
- How to make introductions smoothly and move into and out of groups and from group to group.
- Knowledge of, and being able to apply, appropriate etiquette.
- Being self-assured and poised in all kinds of networking situations
- The best ways to follow up people after the event.
- How to organise, manage and build your network into a web of influential relationships.
Networking Plus is a practical and enjoyable professional development program that involves participants in their learning from the outset. It includes a variety of individual and group learning activities and discussions in the following two modules:
Module 1: The A to Z of Networking
- The Dimensions of Networking
- Creating a Web of Influential Relationships
- What Works Best and What to Avoid
- Building a Networking Pipeline
- Purpose and Planning for Results
Module 2: Key Skills for Networking Success
- The Logistics of Arrival, the Room and Groups
- Developing your Positional Statement
- Having a Small Talk Repertoire
- Introducing Self and Others
- Asking and Answering Questions
- Facilitating Connections
- Managing Difficult Situations
- The Best Ways to Follow-Up
- Growing and Shaping your Network
- Networking A to Z Self-Assessment
- Arrival tea/coffee and morning tea
- Networking Plus Resource Guide
- Certificate of Achievement
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SAY ABOUT PEOPLE RESULTS' TALENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS:
“Really great program with real-life actions that can help change.” Marketing Manager, Credit Union
“I could still learn more. I enjoyed this course so much.” Risk Manager –Global Accounting Firm
“Fantastic course! I thought it had real value.” University Associate Lecturer
“Very useful information presented in a very approachable way.” State Manager, Charitable Organisation
“Great course – excellent facilitation.” Human Resources Manager, State Government
“I enjoy these courses as they are to the point and value adding.” Manager, Energy Corporation
Event Link: http://www.stickytickets.com.au/9321