at Fannie Bay
Sunday, 8 July 2018 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM + Add to calendar08/07/2018 11:0008/07/2018 14:00Australia/DarwinDarwin's 14th Fannie Bay Swim ClassicDarwin's 14th Fannie Bay Swim Classic Sunday, 8 July 2018 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM (AUS Central Standard Time) Organiser Emma Highland 0413144037 email@example.com Address Fannie Bay Alec Fong Lim Drive East Point Darwin 0820 Australia Event web page: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/67054/darwins_14th_fannie_bay_swim_classic.aspxFannie Bay
Alec Fong Lim Drive
East Point Darwin 0820
Darwin's 14th Fannie Bay Swim Classic
| * Includes Sticky Tickets booking fee.|
** Ticket prices may vary slightly based on the payment method selected at checkout.
We would like to thank our valuable sponsors for their generous donations
All proceeds go to Darwin Surf Life Saving Club
to continue their valuable lifesaving service to the community
Minimum age is 13 yrs old
Darwin's 14th Fannie Bay Swim Classic
8th July 2018
Race Start: 11:00am
Long Course 2.1km - Pee Wee's below restaurant
Short Course 1.2km - Lake Alexander entrance
both courses will finish at The Darwin Trailer Boat Club
8.30-10.00: Numbering and Singlet pick up
10.15am: One compulsory RACE BRIEFING near the Toilet block opposite Lake Alexander
11:00am: Race start
Swimmers to make their own way to the start line
There will be a container for shoes/thongs to go from the two start lines to the finish line
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SWIM IF YOU ARRIVE AFTER 10.00am
$55 Early bird registrations - online only (closes 06 July at 12noon)
$70 Late Entry *CASH ONLY* on the day 8.30-10:00am
Singlets to first 100 registrations
and only available for collection on the day at numbering from 8.30am
You must comply to the following swimsuit rules to be eligible for medals.
Acceptable (non-swim-aid) swimsuits:
This is a fun event where competitors can use fins, snorkels, wetsuits, pull buoys.
This category is not eligible for medals.
You can wear whatever swimsuit you desire if you register for the Fun Category only.
Presentations will be held after the last competitor finishes at the Darwin Trailer Boat Club
Long Course: First Age category, Male and Female
Short Course: First, second, and third, Male and Female
LUCKY DOOR PRIZES
In consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the Darwin Surf Life Saving Club's Fannie Bay Swim Classic ("the Event"):
1. I acknowledge an extended ocean swim is an extreme test of a person's physical and mental limit, and carries with it the potential of death, serious injury and property loss. The risks include but are not limited to, pollution, temperature, currents and waves, contact with fauna (including crocodiles, box jelly fish and sharks), weather, conditions of athletes` equipment, all or a combination of participants, volunteers;
2. I assume the risk of participation in the Event;
3. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in this event and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person;
4. I, for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns, WAIVE all and any claim, right of causes of action and forever RELEASE AND DISCHARGE all persons, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and the employees, agents, volunteers, officials, representatives and officers or all or any of them which might otherwise have, for or arising out of:
(i) loss of life or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever and howsoever caused, suffered or sustained in the course of, consequence upon or incidental to our entry or participation in the said event, and (ii) any publication, or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name or photograph or both, whether for advertising of the Event or otherwise.
5. I INDEMNIFY the persons or entities or other individuals or entities as a result of any of my actions during the Event and associated activities.
6. The waiver, release and discharge and indemnity in this document operates separately in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the Event and the employees, agents, volunteers, officials, representatives, and officers of all and any of them and includes but is not limited to Surf Life Saving Northern Territory Inc, Darwin Surf Life Saving Club Inc, Darwin City Council, Pee Wee`s, Trailer Boat Club and the Northern Territory of Australia.
7. I consent to receive medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of any, all or a combination of injury, accident or illness during the Event and associated activities.
8. I permit the publication, or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name or photograph or both, whether for advertising of the Event or otherwise.
9. This document shall be constructed to provide a waiver, release and discharge and indemnity to the maximum extent permissible under the applicable law.
10. If the event is cancelled due to dangerous environmental conditions I understand that entry fees will not be refunded.
11. I hereby certify that I am eighteen (18) years of age or older. I have read this document and I understand its contents, or if under 18 years that the contents of the waiver have been explained to me by my parents or lawful guardian and that their consent to my participation in this event is provided below.
Alec Fong Lim Drive East Point Darwin 0820, Australia
Darwin Surf Life Saving Club