Autism 2 Day Conference Darwin NT - Nelle Frances
at Tracy Village Sports Club
Saturday, 23 June 2018 from 9:00 AM - Sunday, 24 June 2018 to 4:00 PM + Add to calendar23/06/2018 09:0024/06/2018 16:00Australia/DarwinAutism 2 Day Conference Darwin NT - Nelle FrancesAutism 2 Day Conference Darwin NT - Nelle Frances Saturday, 23 June 2018 from 9:00 AM - Sunday, 24 June 2018 to 4:00 PM (AUS Central Standard Time) Organiser Nelle Frances +61754812754 email@example.com Address Tracy Village Sports Club 28 Tambling Terrace Lyons Darwin 0810 Australia SATURDAY DAY 1: Handout notes will be emailed to participants. SUNDAY DAY 2: Handout notes will be emailed to participants. Event web page: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/62017/autism_2_day_conference_darwin_nt__nelle_frances.aspxTracy Village Sports Club
28 Tambling Terrace
Lyons Darwin 0810
|Day 1 Sensory Workshop (Saturday)||$160.00||Buy Tickets|
|Day 2 Post-school Transition (Sunday)||$185.00||Buy Tickets|
|Both days discount Ticket (weekend)||$305.00||Buy Tickets|
|** Includes Sticky Tickets booking fee.|
Autism 2 Day Weekend Workshop - NELLE FRANCES
DAY 1: Autism Sensory Detective® Workshop 9am - 4pm
NDIS - Capacity Building - Improved Relationships - Behaviour Management -Item# 11_023_0110_7_3
The workshop provides a detailed description of Autistic individuals, including profiles on the neurology, biology, cognitive processing, perception differences and learning styles of those with the condition.
The workshop offers a vivid insight into the subtle intricacies of Autism; but more importantly provides participants a myriad of strategies to engage successfully with individuals on the Spectrum.
Participants will learn specific techniques for dealing with challenging behaviours and meltdown and how to decrease stress in those with AS.
The training includes Nelle’s high-impact Sensory Detective Workshop ® - an interactive exercise that allows you to look at Autism/Asperger’s from the inside out! You'll learn first hand how sensory stimuli influences all behaviour, emotional development and academic progress. With this knowledge you'll find adopting simple accommodations and differentiation strategies becomes second nature!
- understand Autism/Asperger’s
- in-depth knowledge of characteristics
- knowledge of biological traits of ASD
- in-depth knowledge of physiology of meltdowns
- recognise sensory agitation
- link sensory issues + all behaviour
- establish accommodations/differentiations for student
The day concludes with techniques for becoming 'Sensory Detectives' and a variety of helpful Apps for iDevices.
DAY 2: Autism Puberty, Post School Transitioning & Relationships Workshop 9am - 4pm
NDIS - Capacity Building - Improved Relationships - Behaviour Management -Item# 11_023_0110_7_3
Nelle Frances' new workshop is the culmination of many years of research, her extensive experience with clients and her personal lived experience.
DAY 2 provides a detailed description of how Puberty presents in individuals with Autism, including internal and external factors that can trigger sensory responses. Participants are provided with strategies for guiding these teens through the puberty process, analysing the heightened sensory issues experienced during this time. Discussion includes the dangers and vulnerabilities commonly displayed in Autistic teens.
Nelle delivers a practical model for successful Post-school Transition, and provides step-by-step guiding templates. Participants will case-manage a scenario in small groups, and then conference the merits versus the limitations of proposed plans for greater understanding.
The afternoon session investigates research about Sexuality and Gender Identity and identifies the skills necessary for Autistic individuals to establish successful and ongoing Relationships and friendships.
Nelle will draw on her extensive clinical experience to share with participants a variety of anecdotes show-casing the diversity of the Autistic community during this transitioning age.
- knowledge of diversity of Autism presentation in teens, adolescents and adults
- understanding of puberty and sensory issues
- practical model of post-school transition
- hands-on scenario "case management" collaboration
- discuss latest research on sexuality, gender identity and relationships in Autistic individuals
The day concludes with question time
WHO SHOULD COME ALONG?
DAY 1 Families, Carers, Teachers, Psychologists, Speechies, OT's, Nurses, Community Support Workers of Autistic
DAY 2 Families, Carers, Teachers, Psychologists, Speechies, OT's, Nurses, Community Support Workers of Autistic individuals 12+
Nelle Frances is - author *Ben and His Helmet series * Sustainable Social Skills Programme* Asperger Child - Simply Explained * Sensory Detective® program, parent of a child with Autism, Consultant, Special Needs Educator, Facilitator of AS Adult Social Group (18-35's).
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Contribution 6 hours for single days, 12 hours for both days:- Please retain your Certificate of Attendance as a record of CPD. Workshop aligns with Australian Professional Teaching Standards (AITSL) and links to key learning areas within the Australian Curriculum
Registration commences at 8:30am.
By registering for this workshop you have agreed that you consent to and understand the following:-
DEED OF ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
As a condition of attending and participating in the Sensory Detective Workshop™ ("Workshop") operated by Nelle Frances ("Trainer"), I hereby acknowledge and agree:
- I will act reasonably in accordance with any instructions given to me during the Workshop to allow the full benefits of the Workshop to be achieved. I will not hold any person involved with providing the Workshop liable for any injury, harm, loss, consequential loss or expense as a result of participation in the Workshop or use of the Trainer's material and knowledge, except where such liability cannot be excluded by law.
Information and Materials
- In the course of participating in the Workshop, I may view or receive training, instructions, directions, publications, presentations, demonstrations, information or other material or knowledge from the Trainer (Workshop material and knowledge)
- The Workshop material and knowledge may be provided orally, in writing, or in any other form.
- Workshop material and knowledge comprises the intellectual property and other rights of the Trainer, including:
- Trade marks of SENSORY DETECTIVE WORKSHOP and SENSORY SHOWBAGS
- Copyright in all materials (including without limitation, powerpoint presentations, handouts, Workshop transcripts and manuals)
- Confidential and proprietary information developed by the Trainer
Nothing in this deed or my participation in the Workshop conveys any interest of a proprietary nature, and in particular, does not transfer any interest in the Trainer's intellectual property rights.
- I may apply any learnings from the Workshop to everyday activities, but will only use the Workshop material and knowledge for my own personal and professional development.
Restrictions on use
- I will not distribute, modify, communicate, reproduce, publish, or otherwise deal with the Workshop material or knowledge without the express written permission of the Trainer.
- I will not use, apply or incorporate the Workshop material or knowledge into any training, lecture, program, exercise, demonstration, publication, or other product or service, in whole or part, without the express written permission of the Trainer.
- I will not encourage or allow another person to deal with the Workshop material or knowledge in a way restricted by paragraphs 6 or 7 above.
- These restrictions on use will remain for as long as the Workshop material and knowledge is capable of protection at law.
- The Trainer would suffer financial and other loss and damage if the Workshop material and knowledge were used or disclosed otherwise than in accordance with this deed and monetary damages would be an insufficient remedy.
- This deed is governed by the law of Queensland.
1. In the promotion of the SENSORY DETECTIVE WORKSHOP we may want to use photographs / video footage of your participation and debrief of the workshop.
2. The document gives Nelle Frances permission to use still or moving pictures of you for purposes associated with the promotion of the Sensory Detective Workshop.
3. By signing this form you are agreeing that Nelle Frances has permission to use your image and/or video footage for the purpose mentioned. Nelle Frances may record any sound / or vision of you whilst you are completing the Workshop activities.
4. I give permission to Nelle Frances to use this sound / vision for:
a. Media activities such as newspaper articles, brochures, television advertisements and promotional material;
b. Future media activities which would assist with further promotions for Nelle Frances;
c. Promoting and advertising of the Sensory Detective Workshop.
5. I understand that I will not be paid by Nelle Frances for giving this permission.
Cancellation Policy: Notification of cancellation received in writing no less that 3 days prior to the workshop will be refunded less $40- processing fee. No refunds will be given within 72 hours of the workshop.
Disclaimer: The information, articles and opinions contained in workshops and presentations are those of Nelle Frances, provided for information, general education and support purposes only. The information is not intended to, nor does it, constitute medical or treatment advice. Nelle Frances disclaims any liability arising directly or indirectly from the information provided in her Interactive Sensory Detective Workshop and Keynote Presentations.
Event Link: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/62017 Buy Tickets