FAQs & Support
Have a question? Choose from a list of the most commonly asked questions below to find your answer.
The application fee of $49 incl. GST covers the cost of a security check on your application and has already recently been reduced from $99. So if your event is a one-off, unfortunately we are unable to waiver the fee.
With Sticky Tickets, you only pay for what you need. There is just one small booking fee per ticket sold- no percentage payments or hidden costs.
The booking fee is calculated on the price of your tickets, and you choose whether to add this to the customer’s ticket price, or to simply deduct it from your ticket sales. If you hold an event which is free to attend, then no booking fees apply at all.
Please refer to our Pricing Schedule for further details.
No event is too big or too small for Sticky Tickets! From a meeting for 4 to a gala ball for thousands, we can help you do it all.
Here are just a few examples:
- Business breakfasts / lunches
- Seminars & training workshops
- Private parties / teenage parties
- Charity & fundraising events (check out the rebates you may be eligible for))
- Theatre events
- School events of all sorts (see our educational rebate)
- Music gigs
- Comedy nights
- Sports events or presentation nights
- Scouts / Guides events
- Product launches
To save on unnecessary expenses, many of our customers use our event registration software and merchant account to sell tickets for their events. When you buy one of these tickets, your credit card statement will show Sticky Tickets as the merchant (rather than the name of the event).
If you would like to know which event the purchase was for, please send through the following information using our contact us page
· First six and last three digits of your credit card number
· Date of transaction
· Amount of transaction
Once we receive this information we’ll contact you via email within 48 hours.
GST obligations must be handled by the event organiser. If you
select Registered for GST, then remember to include a charge for GST
when setting your ticket prices. All funds will be transferred to you (less
When a ticket is purchased, a tax invoice will be sent to the purchaser itemising the GST component of the ticket price. If you don’t select Registered for GST then a receipt will be sent to the purchaser which will state that there is no GST in the ticket price.
Please note: Sticky Tickets includes GST in the booking fee. Once you have successfully completed your event, you will be sent a receipt for the total booking fees paid including GST. You can claim this GST in your next BAS.
Tickets is a 100% Australian owned and operated company. Where possible, we
support other Australian businesses by sourcing locally based products and services.
Yes. All communication is encrypted using SSL (certificate provided by GeoTrust), the most widely used website security technology. When information is encrypted it remains private during transmission.
All credit card processing is carried out through SecurePay or TNS Global gateway providers. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of requirements designed to ensure that all companies that process, store, or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment. Since 2013 Sticky Tickets has been fully PCI compliant, which is reviewed on an annual basis.
To request a refund or to transfer your ticket to another event, you need to contact the event organiser. Their details are on the e-ticket and receipt emailed to you, or the event page.
Please check the organiser’s terms of sale, as they may have elected not to refund or transfer tickets.
You can pay for your ticket (s) online with VISA, MasterCard or American Express. Please note that AMEX incurs an additional 2.5% surcharge payable by the ticket purchaser.
Depending on the event organiser, you might also be able to pay via phone or fax, in cash or via cheque or direct deposit. Please check the event web page.
Events that are free to attend do not attract any charges. Your attendees simply register their names for free and you get full use of all the event tools including e-tickets and an event report.
This will enable you to scan e-tickets (at multiple entry points) using your favourite digital device, to get people through the door faster.
- Wireless ticket scanning with your Android and iOS devices
- Easily validate ticket bar-codes using the camera on your device
- Look up and check-in attendees off a list- search by first name, last name, email or browse the list
- Check in time at the door reduced by allowing a 'Check in All' feature, so you can check in all tickets automatically under the one booking
- Check-in attendees using multiple devices at the same time
- View attendance statistics in real time
Compatible devices: iPhone 4s or newer, iPod Touch, iPad, iPad Mini and Android Devices version
2.2 and up.
Sticky Tickets supports your cause...
At Sticky Tickets we feel it’s important to help out where we can, and what better way than to donate financially to your cause. If you are a registered charity, we will be pleased to donate back 20% of the total credit card booking fees (including AMEX) for your event.
So for example, if you sell 50 of your $50 tickets and your total booking fees amount to $175 – we will donate back $35 of those fees.
All you have to do is show you are recognised by the ATO as a registered charity and to acknowledge us as a sponsor on your website and social media, before your event goes live.
Yes, we offer a 10% rebate to educational institutions, sporting clubs and not for profit/community organisations. We recognise the challenges faced by these groups and the great work that they do, which is why we like to help out where we can.
Once approved we offer a rebate of 10% on the total credit card booking fees (including AMEX) for the event. You can still choose whether or not you add the booking fee to the ticket price, or include it in the cost.
So for example, if you sell 50 of your $50 tickets and your total booking fees amount to $175 – we will refund $17.50 of those fees.
For more details on how to apply just click on the relevant link below:
To print your e-ticket or receipt, just follow these simple steps:
- Click on the 'My Tickets' link on any page (top right corner)
- Login if you haven't already done so. Note: If you purchased tickets as a guest you will need to generate a password by using the forgotten password feature view short video
· Once you log in you'll be taken to the My Tickets page, where you can view current and past tickets.
Sticky Tickets are able to hold onto ticket payments until you issue an invoice for the relevant amount.
Please ensure you let us know before posting your event, so that we can change the settings in your account (this only applies to your first event). Then once your event is complete, just send an invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org for the total amount owing.
Please note: You still need to complete the standard bank verification process before the invoice can be paid.
You enjoy a range of benefits as an event organiser with Sticky Tickets:
- We have been in business since 2007 and are Australian owned and operated
- We are trusted by thousands of event organisers
- Well over 1 million tickets sold
- Our website is secure and PCI compliant (PCI is a global standard which insures the protection of critical data over the web)
- Simple to use website- you can set up an event within minutes
- Simple fee structure, no hidden costs, you only pay for what you use
- Great customer service through multiple channels- phone, email and live chat
- Regular new feature releases
- The only charge is for purchases with a credit card. Where there is no cost (ie free registration) there is no fee
Some of our standard features are...
- An event web page which is easy to set-up and can include logos, images and ticketing information.
- A personalised organiser page with an overview of your business, committee or cause and a listing of all your current Sticky Tickets events.
- A tool to help you customise the look and feel of your pages and to match your website if you have one.
- The ability to list as many events as you like at any one time.
- Create different ticket types to include early bird pricing, member/non-member pricing, group packages, table bookings and more.
- All credit card processing is handled by Sticky Tickets, so you don’t need to worry about merchant facilities.
- Assign Sticky Tickets to email the e-ticket and tax receipt for you when a customer makes a purchase.
- Log in to your private event account to view how many tickets have been sold and to export a list of attendees.
- Add people manually to the attendance list if they pay you offline (via cash/cheque/direct deposit) or if you want to give away some discounted or complimentary tickets.
- Free ticket scanning app available for Android and IOS devices
- MailChimp integration
- Plus loads more....
You have a number of options for checking-off tickets at your event:
By ticket number
- By barcode
This will enable you to scan e-tickets on a mobile device and check your attendees in and out of your event.
Our step-by-step wizard makes setting up your first event a breeze. Take a look at our Starter's Guide
All revenue from your ticket sales are deposited directly into your nominated bank account (minus booking fees) at the conclusion of your event. This is an industry standard and there a very few ticketing providers that will release your ticket sales before your event. Though at Sticky Tickets we provide you with the ability to access 50% of ticket sales with our Payment Request Feature..
If you require funds to be transferred prior to the event, you can apply for a Payment Request Feature and request a portion of your ticket sales in advance. There is an application fee of $49 incl. GST payable per organiser. If approved, all of your events will have this feature.
Please note: You will be requested to sign a personal guarantee and to provide 100 points of identification.
All revenue from your ticket sales are deposited directly into your nominated bank account (minus booking fees) at the conclusion of your event. This is an industry standard and there are very few ticketing providers that will release your ticket sales before your event. Though at Sticky Tickets we provide you with the ability to access 50% of ticket sales with our Payment Request Feature.
If you require funds to be transferred prior to the event, you can apply for a Payment Request Feature and receive up to 50% of your ticket sales in advance. There is an application fee of $49 incl. GST payable per organiser. If approved, all of your events will have this feature.
How to apply:
· Fill out the application form and
· Also send a scanned copy of your driver’s license (front and back) and 2 utility bills with the same address as your license.
· Pay a $49 processing fee (only billed if your application is approved)
If approved, a "Payment Request" tab will appear on your event summary page. For details on how to request funds once you've been approved, please see the request a payment page.
You can run as many events as you like at any one time.
If you do have multiple events running at the same time, you might like to create your own Organiser Page, which lists all current events and is updated automatically. The url always remains the same so you can send ticket purchasers here to see all events.
Sticky Tickets allows for numerous ticket types and pricing including early bird, member/non-member, adult/children and more.
You can assign Sticky Tickets to email e-tickets and tax receipts for you when a customer purchases online. If you’re not providing tickets or you want to send them via alternate methods, you can just deactivate the email ticket option when you set-up your event.
Please note: As the organiser you will receive email copies of all tickets sold and receipts.
People can find your event page on the site through:
The Sticky Tickets homepage – if you mark your event as searchable
The Sticky Tickets search engine
Or, if you’re sending out a flyer or invitation you can include your own unique URL to send people directly to your event web page and allow them to purchase.
You can restrict access so your event web page is only viewable to those you invite. When you are setting up your event you will come across a check box in the 'Privacy' section, asking whether you wish to make your event searchable. Simply leave this box unticked.
We require you to complete a bank verification process before you start receiving money from your ticket sales.
Double check that you have:
- Correctly entered your bank account details.
- Received your 1 cent deposit from Sticky Tickets and entered the deposit reference number into your organiser admin area.
You are still able to sell tickets to your event prior to completing the bank verification process. We simply collect the funds on your behalf until you are ready to receive them.
Offline sales are tickets sold through means other than Sticky Tickets. This can include phone or fax orders via credit card, a cash transaction, or payment via cheque or direct deposit. You can manually enter these purchases so that your event records are kept up-to-date and your customer can still receive an e-ticket and receipt via email. You can also use offline sales to enter VIP, free or discounted ticket details.
If you are not processing a credit card when using the offline sales feature there are no booking fees applied.
Once your event has been successfully completed you will need to log in to your user account and officially mark it as complete. To do this, log in to your account and click on the event. This will open to the summary page. In the top right hand corner, click on the complete button.
To see the process in more detail click here
If your bank details have been verified you can expect all ticket revenue to be deposited into your nominated account within 2-3 working days.
Yes you can. Here are a couple of quick tips:
When choosing a location in the ‘Where’ section, either enter the location where the raffle will be drawn, or a full stop (.) into the fields. This will allow you to save the details and publish the raffle (make it live).
When drawing the winner, download the ticket list with numbers and names from the reporting page so you can print them out and place in a hat or barrel.
Use the group ticket feature to save on booking fees.
Sticky Tickets gives you the option of sending out e-tickets and tax receipts automatically through Sticky Tickets via email. If you do not want to provide tickets for your event or want to send tickets via alternate methods, you will be able to deactivate the email ticket mechanism in the set up of each new event via a checkbox.
Note: As the organiser you will receive email copies of all receipts/tickets sold.
Becoming an event organiser is easy!
Option 1 - First time user of Sticky Tickets (view short video)
Go to the How it works section of the Sticky Tickets website at www.stickytickets.com.au/sell-tickets
Click on the button labelled CREATE YOUR EVENT at the top right of the screen
Enter your email address and select a secure password.
Fill in the required information and select the account type Organising Events. At the end of the form select Complete Registration.
That’s it! Now you can start to list events.
Option 2 - Previous user of Sticky Tickets
If you have purchased tickets from Sticky Tickets before, all you need to do is upgrade your account to an organiser account. Just follow the instructions below:
Log in with your current details using the link at the top right of the screen.
Once you're logged in, you can either
- Click on My Events and follow the prompts
click on the link that reads Become an Organiser in the expanded menu on the right side of the page .
Organisation Type - Select what type of event organiser you are (an individual, business, not for profit or registered charity).
When you're finished, click the Become an Organiser button.
A couple of important points:
You are still required to enter your bank details in order to receive ticket sales, though you can do this at a later stage. To enter bank details click on the My Account link at the top right of the page.
- Funds are transferred into this account after the event has been completed.
And now the exciting part…you can start creating your event!
If you are holding a one-off event to raise funds for a registered charity then please apply for our one-off charity rebate. If approved, we will be pleased to donate back 20% of the total credit card booking fees (including AMEX) for your event.
All you need to do is apply for the rebate before the event and:
- When applying for the One-Off Charity Rebate your application must be submitted and approved prior to your event going Live and Promoted
- All proceeds from the event must be in aid of the registered charity, not just a portion of proceeds.
- Supply a letter or email from the charity acknowledging that the event is raising funds for their charity.
- Show evidence that the fund or institution is approved by the Australian Taxation Office as an endorsed Tax Concession Charity (TCC).
- Like Sticky Tickets on Facebook, acknowledge Sticky Tickets with our logo as a supporter of your event, on your website, social media and on any print material. Please send us a link to the appropriate web page or provide us with copy of marketing material that recognises Sticky Tickets as a sponsor or supporter of the event. Click here for our logo (select Charity rebate logo from dropdown menu).
If your application is approved, just send an invoice for 20% of the total booking fees after your event to email@example.com (please include your bank details on the invoice). Your rebate will be processed for payment by EFT the next business day. Please note that we will add our logo to your event page upon approval.
Absolutely! When creating the event, just enter something like "Online" or "Your Place" in the address field.
You can also select not to send out e-tickets (a receipt will still be sent) and you can add a message to the confirmation email and receipt with the webinar link. This link will only be displayed once a purchase is complete.
For more details on how to add this message please see adding a message .
When a ticket purchaser buys tickets, along with their e-ticket they will either receive a Receipt or Tax Invoice.
- Tax Invoice - A tax invoice is only issued if your organiser settings are set as registered for GST (as an ABN is required to be displayed on a tax invoice)
- Receipt - A receipt is issued in all other instances except for the one above when an ABN has been provided.
Please refer to our Pricing Schedule for further details
Yes, all of our advertised booking fees are inclusive of GST. Once you have completed your event and the ticket sales are transferred to you, we will send you an email with a PDF receipt which will have the GST component of the booking fees paid itemised. You can then use this for BAS reporting purposes. For event organisers setting up their Sticky Tickets account please click here for more details.
The donation must have been made to an approved organisation.
If the receipt was 100% a donation and you did not receive any goods or services, then the answer is yes, you can claim.
If your receipt was part donation and part for goods or services you received, then the receipt should indicate what portion of the payment is a donation and only this portion is tax deductible.
Disclaimer: The above is general commentary and is based on information provided on the ATO website, please see links below. We recommend that you seek advice from a tax professional prior to making a tax deductible claim or creating your event.
Australian Tax Office links
NOTE to Event Organisers
- When creating a ticket type that has a portion of the ticket price as a donation, you should include in the ticket description what portion is a donation
example ticket description
Yes! There are several ways you can do this:
* There is no need to print tickets. Add a note to your event letting ticket purchasers know that they do not need to print out their e-Tickets. They can either have them scanned on their mobile device at the entrance, or show the ticket on their mobile device to have their name checked off.
* There is no need to print reports. Keep all of your reports online - they are updated automatically with each purchase.
* Send invitations electronically
* Set up recycling stations at your event
* If your event is held annually do not print the date on the promotional material, so you can use extras again next year.
Once you are done entering/updating the details of your event. You are now ready to make your event 'live' and begin advertising/selling tickets online. Until you click on the Make Event Live button your event will display a 'pending' status which means it will not appear online and people will not be able to buy tickets. You will still be able to make changes to the event details.
If you are not ready to make your event live, you can use the Save For Later button to save your current changes and return to the event list page.
- Use the Preview link to view your event.
- Click Make Event Live to start selling tickets
- Your event web page on Sticky Tickets will look similar to the example shown here.
Events can only be deleted when the event is still in pending status or when it's marked as cancelled without any ticket sales. You can click on the delete link under the Actions tab in your My Events tab.
Note: Cancelled events with ticket sales will not be deleted for reporting purposes.