LAMP and Play - Completed
Tuesday, 19 October 2021 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM + Add to calendar19/10/2021 10:0019/10/2021 11:30Australia/SydneyLAMP and PlayLAMP and Play Tuesday, 19 October 2021 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney) Organiser Eleanor Francis 0433684427 Address Zoom Australia An email will be sent to you prior to the workshop with the zoom link and handout information. Event web page: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/6h16b/lamp_and_play.aspxZoom
Tickets for this event are currently unavailable
Many therapists, parents and teachers are aware of the therapeutic powers of play however may have difficulty determining if, how and where this fits when working with AAC language learning opportunities.
This session will introduce the theoretical underpinnings of play based approaches and how these connect to LAMP methodology. We will discuss practical strategies to get started with play and pretence, identify where to start and how to select vocabulary targets. Where to find additional resources to assess and implement play activities will be addressed.
Previous experience with LAMP recommended to attend this session.
Suitable for Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Educators and Parents.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the five key elements of LAMP in relation to play
- Describe how core vocabulary can be taught through play based intervention
- Identify methods of motivating clients to use AAC through the use of LAMP strategies and play based approach
- Identify ways to prepare for a joint AAC and Play session
- Identify ways to evaluate and track progress