LAMP Training - Brisbane 2018 - Completed
at LifeTec Brisbane
Daily 9:00 AM-4:00 PM from Thursday, 29 November 2018 to Friday, 30 November 2018 + Add to calendar29/11/2018 09:0030/11/2018 16:00Australia/BrisbaneLAMP Training - Brisbane 2018LAMP Training - Brisbane 2018 Daily 9:00 AM-4:00 PM from Thursday, 29 November 2018 to Friday, 30 November 2018 (E. Australia Standard Time) Organiser Penny Jameson 0406 968 585 email@example.com Address LifeTec Brisbane Level 1/400 Newmarket Road Newmarket Brisbane 4051 Australia Located on Level 1 in Newmarket Village. Event web page: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/74968/lamp_training__brisbane_2018.aspxLifeTec Brisbane
Level 1/400 Newmarket Road
Newmarket Brisbane 4051
|$290.00||--Ticket sales closed--|
|$240.00||--Ticket sales closed--|
| * Includes Sticky Tickets booking fee.|
** Ticket prices may vary slightly based on the payment method selected at checkout.
For alternative payment options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 8211 7766.
Registrations close 26th November.
Liberator is excited to be hosting a LAMP workshop presented by Speech Pathologist and LAMP Certified Professional Ellen Winchester from Autism Spectrum Australia.
Ellen will be joined by Liberator Speech Pathologist Leanna Fox & Consultant Penny Jameson.
What is LAMP?
Language Acquisition through Motor Planning (LAMP) is a therapeutic approach based on neurological and motor learning principles. The goal is to provide individuals a method of independently and spontaneously expressing themselves in any setting. LAMP focuses on giving the individual access to vocabulary on voice output AAC devices that use consistent motor plans. Teaching of the vocabulary happens across environments, with multisensory input and with the child's interests and desires determining the vocabulary. The LAMP approach can be used with both Unity® & Words for Life.
Who can attend?
This event is appropriate for anyone who is interested in learning more about LAMP, or who may already be using the LAMP approach. There will be a focus on implementation with children who have autism; however, the strategies are applicable to a range of individuals. Attendees may be parents, carers, therapists, educators, education support, university students, and anyone with an interest in intervention with AAC.
- You will learn to confidently deliver AAC therapy using an evidence-based approach.
- You will be given tools to assess, manage and support your AAC clients.
- You will become fully equipped to use and implement LAMP Words for Life and Unity vocabularies.
- You will have the chance to win your own copy of the LAMP Words for Life and WordToob app.
Day 1: Introduction to the LAMP Approach
Led by Ellen Winchester - The Center for AAC & Autism
- LAMP Theory and evidence base
- The five components of LAMP (readiness to learn, natural consequences, auditory signals, consistent & unique motor patterns, shared focus)
- Practical application in schools and therapy
Led by Leanna Fox - Liberator
- Foundations of Unity & Words for Life
- Understanding and navigating the language systems
- Tools for implementation
- Assessment, ongoing data collection & evaluation
Event Link: http://tix.yt/lampbrisbane2018 Sales Closed