Decoding Autism - Sydney
at WSU Hawkesbury
Thursday, 31 October 2019 from 8:00 AM - Saturday, 2 November 2019 to 5:30 PM + Add to calendar31/10/2019 08:0002/11/2019 17:30Australia/SydneyDecoding Autism - SydneyDecoding Autism - Sydney Thursday, 31 October 2019 from 8:00 AM - Saturday, 2 November 2019 to 5:30 PM (AUS Eastern Standard Time) Organiser Linda Collier XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Address WSU Hawkesbury Londonderry Road Richmond Hawkesbury 2753 Australia Lecture Room G1.G.51 Event web page: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/87022/decoding_autism__sydney.aspxWSU Hawkesbury
Richmond Hawkesbury 2753
| * Does not include Sticky Tickets booking fee.|
** Ticket prices may vary slightly based on the payment method selected at checkout.
Decoding Autism Spectrum Disorder
With Kim Barthel, OTR
Kim Barthel, BMR, OTR, C/NDT is a world-renowned speaker, teacher, occupational therapist and author, actively supporting multi-disciplinary function and healing in many cultures. A pioneer in reinforcing the importance of relationship, she is known for blending cutting-edge developments in neuroscience with the art of compassionate inquiry. With 35+ years as an OT, Kim’s specialties include Autism, Neuro-Developmental Treatment, Sensory Processing, Complex Behaviour, Mental Health, Trauma Informed Practice, and Attachment. Kim’s mission is to support the conscious evolution of the human spirit.
Day One Learning Objectives:
- 1.The learner will develop a preliminary understanding of the current science of genetic/environmental interaction in the development of ASD.
- 2.The learner will develop a preliminary understanding of the brain parts and neurotransmitters impacted by ASD.
- 3.The learner will develop an appreciation for the gut-brain connection in ASD.
- 4.The learner will develop an advanced understanding of how regulation of the autonomic nervous system affects the immune system.
- 5.The learner will apply clinical reasoning to the understanding of when and how to adapt the environment, modify relational interventions, and apply task analysis for appropriate engagement.
Day Two Learning Objectives:
- 1.The learner will develop an enhanced understanding of the science of sensory processing intervention for individuals with autism.
- 2.The learner will develop fine-tuned clinical reasoning for sensory processing intervention based upon neurobiological evidence.
- 3.The learner will develop an enhanced understanding of the brain parts involved in motor control in autism.
- 4.The learner will develop an enhanced awareness of how therapy affects the motor system in people with autism.
- 1.The learner will begin to understand the science of attunement for the child with ASD (floortime, RDI, Syncrosi).
- 2.The learner will begin to understand the neuroscience of theory of mind and social thinking.
- 3.The learner will develop an elementary understanding of the executive functioning processes in ASD.
- 4.The learner will develop a repertoire of attunement and cognitive strategies for intervention for the child with ASD.
If you would like to register by direct deposit, please email:
and we will send you a registration form
Event Link: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/87022 Buy Tickets
Linda Collier, Sensamart
Refunds up to 14 days before the event, Cancellations must be in writing and received by The Sensamart Courses two weeks prior to the course start date - minus a $50 processing fee.