at Customs House
Wednesday, 9 October 2019 from 11:00 AM to 5:30 PM + Add to calendar09/10/2019 11:0009/10/2019 17:30Australia/BrisbaneAustralian-German Science and Innovation DayAustralian-German Science and Innovation Day Wednesday, 9 October 2019 from 11:00 AM to 5:30 PM (E. Australia Standard Time) Organiser Michael Rosemann XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Address Customs House 399 Queen Street Brisbane City QLD 4000 Australia No onsite parking. Event web page: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/88671/australiangerman_science_and_innovation_day.aspxCustoms House
399 Queen Street
Brisbane City QLD 4000
Tickets for this event are currently unavailable
The 4th Australian-German Science and Innovation Day continues the successful series of events dedicated to increasing the awareness for collaborative research activities between both countries and to nurturing the network among the related research communities. In 2019, the Australian-German Science and Innovation Day will be hosted by The University of Queensland in support of Queensland University of Technology and the University of Southern Queensland and will take place at Customs House in the heart of the Brisbane CBD. On this note we would like to express our great gratitude to Rheinmetall Defence for their generous support for this day.
The focus of this year will be on the identified priority themes for scientific collaborations between our two countries, i.e.
– energy transition (incl. renewable energy, bio-economy, hydrogen)
– aerospace and defence
– health (incl. e-health)
– the future of work (incl. digital transformation, digital technologies, ethical and legal implications)
We are delighted to already confirm a number of speakers including
– Prof. Paul Bertsch, Act. Queensland Chief Scientist
– Julia Playford, Acting Director, Science Development, Qld Department of Environment and Science
– Dr Judith Reinhard, Head of Science and Innovation, German Embassy, Canberra