Authentic and Effective Leadership Fellowship
at Camellia Centre for Reflective Practice
Wednesday, 20 October 2021 from 9:30 AM - Friday, 22 October 2021 to 4:00 PM + Add to calendar20/10/2021 09:3022/10/2021 16:00Australia/BrisbaneAuthentic and Effective Leadership FellowshipAuthentic and Effective Leadership Fellowship Wednesday, 20 October 2021 from 9:30 AM - Friday, 22 October 2021 to 4:00 PM (Brisbane) Organiser Peter Westoby 0409633558 Address Camellia Centre for Reflective Practice Australia Event web page: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/8fjco/authentic_and_effective_leadership_fellowship.aspxCamellia Centre for Reflective Practice
| * Includes Sticky Tickets booking fee.|
** Ticket prices may vary slightly based on the payment method selected at checkout.
Effective and Authentic Leadership Fellowship:
Three Rivers Flowing… A deep dive into the philosophies and practices of dialogue, reflective practice and soul for social and community practitioners
hosted at the Camellia Centre for Reflective Practice, Maleny:
This is a 3-day workshop, 9.30-4.00pm, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, October 20-22nd, 2021, supporting a maximum of 9 participants. Facilitated by Peter Westoby
- ·Community and social practitioners who want to reflect deeply on themselves as ‘source’, the key instrument in our practice
- ·Group and organisational leaders who’d like to lean further into their leadership practices of observation, deep listening, and discernment
- ·Active and engaged citizens who’d like to be more conscious of their intuitive practices
- ·Activists, social and ecological practitioners wanting to deepen their dialogue and reflection capabilities
- Some of last years fellows said:
- ·‘…This fellowship protected by soul during covid’
- ·‘…the course helped me be in touch with my aliveness, and lean into the balance of freedom and responsibility’
- ·‘… I’ve learned to step back, slow down, observe and be reflective, so my action is more potent’
- ·‘…. I’ve reconnected with my senses and heart, and have a much clearer intention’
About your facilitator & host:
From the age of 20, Peter has been on a journey of community and social development practice, deeply shaped by a grass-roots tradition, Freirean in nature, and place-based. That evolved over many years, particularly as he worked in places such as South Africa, Uganda, the Philippines, Nepal, PNG and Vanuatu.
At the age of 40 he found himself as a latecomer wading into the academy, and perhaps by chance, took up a position as a community development scholar just as Anthony Kelly retired from 40 years of teaching, practice and service at The University of Queensland.
He has been a writer or co-writer/editor of 14 books and over 50 professional journal articles on community development (https://uq.academia.edu/PeterWestoby), and loves that there is an emerging global ‘community of scholarship’ growing around the world. But more importantly, he loves reading, walking, sitting by a fire under the moon or stars, wandering daily in Mary Cairnross Park, exploring his bio-region, being with friends, sipping a coffee at dawn, and going to bed about 8.30pm (yes, he’s a lark, not an owl).
At this present moment he is:
- Director/consultant at Community Praxis Co-op;
- a P/T practitioner at Hummingbird House;
- a Custodian of Camellia Centre for Reflective Practice;
- as Associate of The Proteus Initiative, RSA; and
- a Visiting Professor, University of the Free State, South Africa.
Refunds up to 30 days before the event, Full refund one month pre-fellowship (ie. 20th September), thereby 50% refund or transfer to another person. In the event of a covid direction that disrupts the gathering people will be offered either full-refund or rescheduled time.