Sydney Online AAC Awareness Day September - Completed
Tuesday, 14 September 2021 from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM + Add to calendar14/09/2021 09:3014/09/2021 12:00Australia/SydneySydney Online AAC Awareness Day SeptemberSydney Online AAC Awareness Day September Tuesday, 14 September 2021 from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM (Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney) Organiser Jo Beech 0450506447 Address Online Australia Event web page: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/cl50d/sydney_online_aac_awareness_day_september.aspxOnline
Tickets for this event are currently unavailable
Please join us for an online AAC awareness day! This free event will be run by your local Liberator Consultant & Speech Pathologist, Jo Beech. There will also be the opportunity to learn more about AAC and put theory into practice.
This event is aimed at people who want to learn more about AAC, such as:
- Speech Pathologists (new graduates, new to AAC, or just wanting a refresher)
- Teacher and Learning Support staff who support students using AAC systems.
- Speech Pathology & other therapy/education students
- people who use AAC (or who want to!)
- other professionals working in the field
We will cover topics to build your awareness & understanding of AAC, and include hands-on time to get to know some of our AAC devices. Topics will include:
- understanding speech & language development, and how this relates to AAC
- choosing words & layouts for an AAC system
- communication partner strategies & best practice for implementation
- setting goals & measuring progress - getting the most out of your device
Zoom details below...
Meeting ID: 885 4956 4714