AAC Awareness Day 11th October 2021 - WA, SA, NT, TAS (Online)
at Online via Zoom
Monday, 11 October 2021 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM + Add to calendar11/10/2021 12:0011/10/2021 15:00Australia/HobartAAC Awareness Day 11th October 2021 - WA, SA, NT, TAS (Online)AAC Awareness Day 11th October 2021 - WA, SA, NT, TAS (Online) Monday, 11 October 2021 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM (Hobart) Organiser Delara Kapadia 0452368477 Address Online via Zoom Australia Event web page: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/rf0a7/aac_awareness_day_11th_october_2021__wa_sa_nt_tas_online.aspxOnline via Zoom
Tickets for this event are currently unavailable
Please join us for an online AAC awareness day! This free event will be run by your Liberator Consultant Speech Pathologists, Emily Swanson (SA) & Delara Kapadia (WA). There will also be the opportunity to learn more about AAC and put theory into practice.
This event is aimed at people who want to learn more about AAC, such as:
- Speech Pathologists (new graduates, new to AAC, or just wanting a refresher)
- Teacher and Learning Support staff who support students using AAC systems.
- Speech Pathology & other therapy/education students
- Parent, carers and support workers of AAC users
- people who use AAC (or who want to!)
- other professionals working in the field
We will cover topics to build your awareness & understanding of AAC including;
- understanding speech & language development, and how this relates to AAC
- choosing words & layouts for an AAC system
- communication partner strategies & best practice for implementation
- setting goals & measuring progress - getting the most out of your device
- You’ll also get the chance to meet Joseph Harrall (WA ambassador) and hear about his experience as an AAC user.