Understanding the Award [Kirribilli] NSW
at Kirribilli Club
Wednesday, 13 March 2024 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (AUS Eastern Daylight Time) + Add to calendar13/03/2024 08:3013/03/2024 16:30Australia/SydneyUnderstanding the Award [Kirribilli] NSWUnderstanding the Award [Kirribilli] NSW Wednesday, 13 March 2024 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (AUS Eastern Daylight Time) Organiser Training CMAA 0297464199 firstname.lastname@example.org Address Kirribilli Club 11 Harbourview Crescent Lavender Bay NSW 2060 Australia Event web page: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/04x8wKirribilli Club
11 Harbourview Crescent
Lavender Bay NSW 2060
** Ticket prices may vary slightly based on the payment method selected at checkout.
Course Times: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Understanding the Award
Working with the Registered & Licensed Clubs Award (2020) Course
The Registered & Licensed Clubs Award operates with the force of legislation and regulates the terms by which workers can be employed in Clubs. Understanding the Award can be confronting and confusing and non-compliance may often prove costly for Clubs.
Designed to assist Club management personnel to understand, navigate and work with the RLC Award, this full day course will help all levels of Club personnel who are responsible for the application of Award terms and conditions in the workplace.
The CMAA has extensive involvement with the application of the Award and managers often seek information and request interpretation of Award conditions for their own employment and that of Club staff.
Being a Modern Award, it is subject to many variations as reviews occur frequently. Payroll systems are updated with such variations and although accurate, do not help managers to really understand and apply Award conditions accurately.
Course content includes:
- ·An introduction to, and brief history of the R&LC Award (2020)
- ·An understanding of the National Employment Standards, the Fair Work Act (2009) and the industrial relations foundation of the Modern Award
- ·Why do managers need to understand the Award and what may happen when Award conditions are misinterpreted?
- ·To navigate, interpret & apply conditions as listed in Parts 1 to 9 and Schedules A to G of the Award
- ·Understand the unique peculiarities and how working with the Award will impact rosters, staff management and labour costs in your Club
- ·Why accurate interpretation of the Award influences staff morale
- ·How to keep up to date with changes to the Award and where to find further information.
This extensive course extends on learnings from “Navigate the Award” content of the Duty Manager Program and compliments CMDA’s “Managing the Life Cycle of the Club Employee” course.
As Enterprise Agreements are based on the Award as a minimum standard, Clubs who operate under their own agreement may also benefit from this comprehensive course.
CMAA Members will receive 12 ACCM Point upon completion of this course
Refunds up to 7 days before the event
View Policy Document