Board Governance, Company Secretary, General Manager's Course [STMBC] NSW
at St George Motor Boat Club
Tuesday, 26 July 2022 from 8:30 AM - Wednesday, 27 July 2022 to 4:30 PM (AUS Eastern Standard Time) + Add to calendar26/07/2022 08:3027/07/2022 16:30Australia/SydneyBoard Governance, Company Secretary, General Manager's Course [STMBC] NSWBoard Governance, Company Secretary, General Manager's Course [STMBC] NSW Tuesday, 26 July 2022 from 8:30 AM - Wednesday, 27 July 2022 to 4:30 PM (AUS Eastern Standard Time) Organiser Training CMAA 0297464199 email@example.com Address St George Motor Boat Club 2 Wellington Street Sans Souci NSW 2219 Australia Event web page: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/d22b2St George Motor Boat Club
2 Wellington Street
Sans Souci NSW 2219
| * Does not include Sticky Tickets booking fee.|
** Ticket prices may vary slightly based on the payment method selected at checkout.
Course Times: 8:30am to 4:30pm both days
Board Governance, The Company Secretary, and the General Manager - ACCM Mandatory unit
NSW OLGR "Board Governance, the Company Secretary, and the General Manager" mandatory course for NSW Club Secretary Managers appointed from 1 July 2013.
Mandatory training requirements for directors and secretary/managers of NSW Registered Clubs commence on 1 July 2013. This course is designed by Club Managers Association Australia for NSW Club Managers. Focus of training. The focus of secretary/manager training will be on board governance and the role of the club's secretary/manager.
- Defining the roles of the Secretary Manager & the Board; Governance vs Management
- The specific role of the ‘Secretary’ in Secretary Manager: Duties & Responsibilities
- Legal responsibilities of a company secretary; Typical duties of a company secretary;
- The Governing Body's (‘The Board’) Role
- The Fundamental Realities of The Board/Ceo Relationship; Important Ground Rules in the relationship
- Allocating Responsibilities: A suggested framework to separate the duties in the relationship.
- How to prepare for and conduct board meetings; How do Boards operate? What does a Board do?
- Planning a Board meeting; Conducting a Board meeting; Taking minutes; Monitoring the outcomes of the meeting
- Corporate Governance – understanding its relevance & requirements for compliance
- Standards and systems audit assessment for licensed venues
- Legislation governing the Clubs, Associations, and companies
- Meetings; Notices; Resolutions; Disciplinary Hearings
- Corporations Act: Directors & Officers responsibilities; Business Judgement Rule
- Understanding your core business and what “Not for Profit” really means
- KPIs and benchmarking
- EBITDA and the importance of cash flow
- Keeping ASIC in the loop
- The Legislation process and how to interpret legislation
- Common features of a Registered Club
- The Registered Clubs Act 1976 and The Liquor Act 2007: the Important Provisions
- Amalgamations and De-amalgamations
- The 3 Strikes Scheme
- Gaming and Liquor Administration Act 2007
- Common areas of difficulty for Secretary Managers
- Board Issues
- Member rights to info
- Service Contracts
- Conditions on the Club License
- Going to Court
- Core property
- Leasing and Licensing
The Legal Secretary Manager of a club will be required to complete this training unless exempt!
The benefits of Secretary Management training include improved corporate governance and best practice for existing club managers.
Who has to do the course?
Existing club Secretary/managers: If you are appointed as a club Secretary/manager before 1st July 2013, and have three or more years current experience with any registered club, you will not be required to complete the training.
If you have less than three years experience, you will have until 30th June 2015 to complete the training.
New club secretary/managers: If you are appointed as a secretary/manager after the 1st July 2013, and do not have three or more years current experience as a secretary/manager of any registered club, you will be required to complete your training within two years of your appointment.
Note: These requirements will not apply if you are a club secretary/manager who is appointed in an honorary capacity and are also a director of a club.
CMAA Members will receive 25 ACCM Point upon completion of this course